Blessed Mary of the Passion – Helene de Chappotin
True Power is Love!
– Bl. Mary of the Passion, FMM Foundress
Founded on the 6th of January 1877 by (Helene de Chappotin), the Institute of the Franciscan Missionaries of Mary is an international community of religious women dedicated to universal mission through contemplation and the apostolate. While observing its own Constitutions, it belongs to the Third Order Regular of St. Francis of Assisi. The Sisters make vows of poverty, obedience and chastity, and live in community.
The charism – the flame of fire – confided by God to Blessed Mary of the Passion had embraces peoples
and places the world over. There are now more than 7,000 FMM Sisters in 76 countries around the world.